no trolls, no spam, would be great
Knight Ansestral wrote:
Broadcast command. Exhaust 2 minutes.

/bradcast Example (: [The whole server will see it]

Like this
Sexy Flow : Example
bad idea :P
there is a lot of rich players atm and its really easy to make money
even if you have to pay 5 ign per broadcast, the rich players would abuse the broadcast
command, for example " someone is a fag "
~ more useless spam and a lot of insults
definitely no
 #21080  by FadyM
 Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:43 pm
Drash wrote:
Knight Ansestral wrote:
Broadcast command. Exhaust 2 minutes.

/bradcast Example (: [The whole server will see it]

Like this
Sexy Flow : Example
bad idea :P
there is a lot of rich players atm and its really easy to make money
even if you have to pay 5 ign per broadcast, the rich players would abuse the broadcast
command, for example " someone is a fag "
~ more useless spam and a lot of insults
definitely no
I was thinking about this idea to add it to my server but I imagined if an advertiser can donate/collect money then advertise and the whole server will see it and some will enter that ot so i see its a bad idea <,<
 #21464  by Bloodguard
 Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:29 pm
Reforms

-Note: this was originally posted by me in Maro's thread http://spiderserver.no-ip.org/forum/vie ... =15&t=3772 however i am placing a copy here as was suggested.

My Thoughts: I really don't care who gets staff positions as long as there are active God and higher staff members. When players see that staff really cares about the server then they feel more comfortable donating to it and telling their friends how fun it is. After a while there is nothing to do but PK, daily raids and events small ones even, like those Carlos made, make the server much more enjoyable. Perhaps add some long quests that require teamwork, something like POI or INQ from real. I love this server but i am saddened when i see the malignancy and disrespect that is rampant in every aspect of it.

Player Involvement: You could ask for players to give applications to be on a design team for SpiderOT, suggest quests and write lore. Design maps and spells, other ideas such as new mounts and scripts and donation items. Among the masses that play Spider there are certainly people that would be interested in helping, and would be beneficial to you and the server. I don't want to see SpiderOT flounder and die, but i fear that with all these staff disputes and arguments ingame/forms that this is the path we are on.

Help Channel: Separate Help into 3 channels: Spanish speakers, English, and Arabic. Restrict help chat like advertising, regular players can only type 1 line every 30 seconds, therefore it can be kept to those that need help, and with a large amount. of tutors there will be someone to answer the questions definitively

Staff
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Tutors: [12?] A healthy base of tutors exists, but perhaps it can be expanded to more trusted players. Create a Senior Tutor rank that will oversee this category and report problems to you, therefore forums wont be spammed with demote threads, this Staff member will provide you with information about problems and can demote other Tutors.

GameMasters: [6?] More than 2 are required. A variety is required, based on ethnicity: Spanish, English, Arabic. Perhaps 2 from each ethnicity so that at least 1 can be online at a time to help. As with the previous category make a single GM the overseer of the rest, to keep discipline.

Gods [3?] One from each major ethnicity, respected players or trusted friends from rl. These staff members would be able to make raids and advertise and monitor forums as MOD, each for their respective language.

Admins [4?] As always i will recommend that there are 4 Admin rank staff: Scripter, Mapper, Ingame - CM listens to reports from Senior Tutor/other manager staff, and a CM that deals with complaints and problems via Email. Mina you could be the executive and those would be others on the board of directors which you oversee.

Final Words: All i want is for this server to be great again, I always hear about how much fun it used to be and i regret not being there at that stage, but i am present now and i am doing my best.

Respectfully,
Dylan
 #21502  by Super Ramo
 Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:57 am
Bloodguard wrote:

Admins [4?] As always i will recommend that there are 4 Admin rank staff: Scripter, Mapper, Ingame - CM listens to reports from Senior Tutor/other manager staff, and a CM that deals with complaints and problems via Email. Mina you could be the executive and those would be others on the board of directors which you oversee.

Respectfully,
Dylan
Design Team
I suggest you for Mapping ,
Ziemen "IF he wants to" scripter
 #21508  by Bloodguard
 Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:30 pm
Super Ramo wrote:
Bloodguard wrote:

Respectfully,
Dylan
Design Team
Well thanks but as i said this is just the format i think would be beneficial, i really want spider to get better :<

EDIT: Bored so mapped a little, small ruined temple deep below-ground where you meet an ancient being, all RAW of course =p Pics start form top floor to bottom

#21513  by Ziemen
 Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:04 pm
Super Ramo wrote: Design Team
I've already been declined for this position, Spiders doing well so far anyway, and he gets more profit too, smart move from him.
 #22067  by Xoro Ql
 Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:51 am
Hello, I've been constantly asked by Josh to post my ideas on forum and here I am, so, let's get started:

*If any of these ideas have already been posted please forgive me, I did not read the whole thread*

--> Magical Soils, Burning Soils and Energy Soils should have more uses, just like soul tokens do. Maybe legend shopper could offer you some money or goods in exchange for them (which could work great if you implemented new rares available from this NPC).

--> Black Skull (bs) should make you receive the 100% damage from players but also allow you to use area spells. Some will say it will be abused, and it surely will, unless you made a CreatureEvent where, if getCreatureSkullType(cid) == 4 (or dailyFrags >= 15), make the player unable to get any more frags. I'm just saying this because it's really annoying to get black skull and be unable to do anything, you can't even level up nor loot items, and receiving the 100% damage from players is already reason enough to avoid pvp'ing. Also, you can still get more frags while you are bs if you set your weapon to area damage, target someone who attacked you and then killl noobs to make you get more guild frags, which would be stopped if this was implemented.

--> Re-implementing old war zone. Just a thought, in my opinion it was better than current one.

--> Re-implementing old freeze rune, but not replacing current one. Change current freeze rune name to Slow Rune, and make sorcs and druids able to create old freezes at level 450k+ which work the exact way old ones did (snowman), making the target unable to move, but it should last no more than 3 seconds. Pvp was much better with it, in my opinion. Only bad thing is it would be abused by big teams, which is why I suggested making it last only a couple seconds, and the cost for making it should be around 8souls + 1 blank -> 2 runes. Also the task for this spell should be quite a though one.

--> Making new formulas for wands/rods and swords/clubs/axes, they hit too low compared to pallies, because they skill slower, which is not fair. Specially sword/club/axe damage, which is way too low. My 475k pally hits the same as a 540k knight does, and we both have good skills.

--> Website could show a bit more information about the players, for example, who you are married to, and what house (non-donor) you own. Also, show all the players who contributed killing the person, like: Slain at level 480213 by XXX, YYY, ZZZ, 123, 456, 789, ABC.

--> Implementing fishing, as a way to make money or get rares. You could also use fishing monsters system (there are several scripts for that on OtLand). That would be great, you could get different kinds of fish, and even get some rares such as Marlin Trophy if your fishing skill is high and you are lucky enough. Just a thought, so it wouldn't be all about levels.

--> Make ultimate donor set heal 50k/piece instead of 25k. That is just ridiculous, it's too low and it doesn't help at all.

Just some ideas I've came across which I believe would help the server.

Sincerely, Steve.
 #22068  by assassin
 Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:55 am
Xoro Ql wrote:Hello, I've been constantly asked by Josh to post my ideas on forum and here I am, so, let's get started:

*If any of these ideas have already been posted please forgive me, I did not read the whole thread*

--> Magical Soils, Burning Soils and Energy Soils should have more uses, just like soul tokens do. Maybe legend shopper could offer you some money or goods in exchange for them (which could work great if you implemented new rares available from this NPC).

--> Black Skull (bs) should make you receive the 100% damage from players but also allow you to use area spells. Some will say it will be abused, and it surely will, unless you made a CreatureEvent where, if getCreatureSkullType(cid) == 4 (or dailyFrags >= 15), make the player unable to get any more frags. I'm just saying this because it's really annoying to get black skull and be unable to do anything, you can't even level up nor loot items, and receiving the 100% damage from players is already reason enough to avoid pvp'ing. Also, you can still get more frags while you are bs if you set your weapon to area damage, target someone who attacked you and then killl noobs to make you get more guild frags, which would be stopped if this was implemented.

--> Re-implementing old war zone. Just a thought, in my opinion it was better than current one.

--> Re-implementing old freeze rune, but not replacing current one. Change current freeze rune name to Slow Rune, and make sorcs and druids able to create old freezes at level 450k+ which work the exact way old ones did (snowman), making the target unable to move, but it should last no more than 3 seconds. Pvp was much better with it, in my opinion. Only bad thing is it would be abused by big teams, which is why I suggested making it last only a couple seconds, and the cost for making it should be around 8souls + 1 blank -> 2 runes. Also the task for this spell should be quite a though one.

--> Making new formulas for wands/rods and swords/clubs/axes, they hit too low compared to pallies, because they skill slower, which is not fair. Specially sword/club/axe damage, which is way too low. My 475k pally hits the same as a 540k knight does, and we both have good skills.

--> Website could show a bit more information about the players, for example, who you are married to, and what house (non-donor) you own. Also, show all the players who contributed killing the person, like: Slain at level 480213 by XXX, YYY, ZZZ, 123, 456, 789, ABC.

--> Implementing fishing, as a way to make money or get rares. You could also use fishing monsters system (there are several scripts for that on OtLand). That would be great, you could get different kinds of fish, and even get some rares such as Marlin Trophy if your fishing skill is high and you are lucky enough. Just a thought, so it wouldn't be all about levels.

--> Make ultimate donor set heal 50k/piece instead of 25k. That is just ridiculous, it's too low and it doesn't help at all.

Just some ideas I've came across which I believe would help the server.

Sincerely, Steve.
great ideas, about time you posted some of them